Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Such a colorful character!

Well, you really should get dressed up if you're going outside...

...really!

So, first I do an primer coat, which I actually love the look of...kind of looks like a giant clay sculpture.

Then once that is dry, we go dark!

And than I decided to try and get a little shimmer effect,
so I painted him a metallic blue.

By the end of that process, he wasn't the only one shimmering...my poor shoes will never be the same. But, look out disco night!!!

Now it's on to the top colors...which consisted of about seven different shades of greens!

Finally, i went over the whole sculpture with about five layers of clear coat to protect and polish him off :)

Then I just let him hang out on the front yard for a few days to fully dry.

Plus, it was fun to see all the neighbors drive by,
and wonder if I had been eaten?!

No comments:

Post a Comment